Candace Schoner, the host and producer of the mental health podcast Speaking Candidly with Candace shares how she rebuilds her confidence, the secret to a successful business, and a few words of wisdom for entrepreneurs with disabilities.
Candace Schoner is the host and producer of the mental health podcast Speaking Candidly with Candace. She is on a mission to end the stigma of mental illness using her background in journalism combined with her life experience with ADHD, anxiety, and dyslexia. She was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s which has dramatically changed her life.
Born in Pittsburgh, PA, Candace was the youngest of four siblings. Throughout her childhood, she struggled with severe nearsightedness, body image and social skills making her an easy target for bullies. Candace attended and graduated from the University of Maryland in College Park with a Bachelor of Arts in Radio, TV and Film; and a double minor in Journalism and Theater. During college, Candace worked for MetroMedia News in Washington, DC. where she began a 10 year career in broadcast journalism. She has worked as a news producer, writer and video editor for companies including VISNEWS, ITNA, NBC Today Show, and Nightly News.
Candice’s mission is to change how people think about mental health by sharing individual stories, expert advice, educational information, and licensed resources.
Links from this episode
Come join me, Chris Mitchell, Your Guide to Self-Confidence this Thursday, January 25th for my presentation of “Success Starts with Self-Confidence”. at the Winter Empowerment online event presented by the Wheel With Me Foundation.
For more information and to grab your free ticket, visit tinyurl.com/TCMOWWMF
Do it now, your future successful self-confident self is waiting to thank you.
- Tell us what you think about the show! Take a quick survey to let us know what you want to see/hear in future episodes. Visit http://tinyurl.com/SSEDPCSurvey
- Grab your free Cheat Sheet with your first 3 steps to self-confidence at https://successstartswithselfconfidence.com
- Want to know more about #DefineYourself? http://www.DefineYourself.US
- Want a free shout-out for you and your disabled-owned business/non-profit? Visit http://tinyurl.com/DFYSShoutOut
- Want to be a guest on the show? Visit http://tinyurl.com/SSEDPod